MY JOURNEY AT KUDZO FOUNDATION

Looking back at my time with Kudzo Foundation, the words that stand out are growth, connection, and purpose. It was never just about completing tasks or gaining work experience; it was about finding meaning in what I do and realising how communication can truly uplift others. From the start, I felt the genuine care behind everything Kudzo does. The foundation is more than just an organisation, it’s a community committed to making a difference. Whether through outreach programs, awareness campaigns, or hands-on help, every project showed me that kindness is at the heart of public relations.




One of the standout moments of my journey was being involved in the MES Impilo Homeless Shelter food drive because it truly opened my eyes to a reality many of us rarely stop to consider. It made me realise just how disconnected we can be from the hardships faced by those living on the streets of Johannesburg, and how fortunate we really are. Before this event, I, like many others, would often see homeless people roaming in the streets of Johannesburg, not fully understanding the difficult stories behind their situations. This experience changed that completely. It sparked a deep sense of empathy within me, reminding me that behind every person experiencing homelessness is a unique and often painful journey. Now, whenever the weather turns cold or rainy, I can’t help but wonder how they are coping, which has made me more compassionate and aware of the struggles that sadly go unnoticed every day. 
 


Working at Kudzo also pushed me to step out of my comfort zone. I learned how to manage my time better, communicate professionally, and think creatively even when under pressure. Moments like rushing to print posters or carrying heavy boxes taught me resilience and teamwork, making these experiences memorable and valuable lessons in perseverance.
What I admire most about Kudzo Foundation is its deep commitment to community. They don’t just speak about change, they live it. I’ve seen firsthand how small acts of kindness, such as donating sanitary products or providing meals, can brighten someone's day. This inspired me to approach public relations with empathy and a genuine desire to help.

My hope for Kudzo Foundation is simple: that it continues to grow, reach new communities, and touch even more lives. The work they do truly changes lives and will keep making a difference.

For me, this experience has fueled my desire to keep learning, growing, and using my voice for good. It showed me that communication is not just about promotion but about connecting with people and making a positive impact. I will leave Kudzo Foundation with a full heart, valuable lessons, and memories that will stay with me forever.
 

Comments

  1. Congratulations on starting and finishing strong. 💯‼️✨️So proud of you. Upwards, Forward and Beyond.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment